TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus PDF:
Group 2 Examination is conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. Every year a lot of students eagerly waiting for Group 2 official notification. TN Public Service Commission has Revised/ Changed the Syllabus for Gr 2 Prelims Examination 2020 – 2021. The General English/ Tamil portion removed from the TNPSC Group 2 Exam. It’s not easy to clear the exam without knowing the TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2020 in Tamil and English Medium. First and foremost is to understand the Syllabus before start preparing. Go through all the topics given in the Syllabus for Group 2. Note the important topics and make a clear study plan, try to prepare an exam based on the study plan prepared. Here is the TNPSC Group 2 New Syllabus for the upcoming exam follows.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2020 is based on a three-tier of selection. 1. Prelims 2. Mains Examination and 3. Interview. Preliminary Examination is an objective type question total of 200 questions. General Studies 175 questions and Mental Ability 25 questions total of 300 marks. Check English and Tamil Medium gr 2 syllabi 2020 below.
Click to download TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2020 PDF format, Check the Link – TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus PDF
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern(Objective Type) (Degree Standard):
TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Revised Syllabus:
Unit-I: General Science
- Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper – Power of Reasoning – Rote Learning Vs Conceptual Learning – Science as a tool to understand the past, present, and future.
- Nature of Universe – General Scientific Laws – Mechanics – Properties of Matter, Force, Motion, and Energy – Everyday application of the basic principles of Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat, Nuclear Physics, Laser, Electronics and Communications.
- Elements and Compounds, Acids, Bases, Salts, Petroleum Products, Fertilizers, Pesticides.
- Main concepts of Life Science, Classification of Living Organisms, Evolution, Genetics, Physiology, Nutrition, Health, and Hygiene, Human Diseases.
- Environment and Ecology.
Unit-II: Current Events
- History – Latest diary of events – National symbols – Profile of States – Eminent personalities and places in the news – Sports – Books and authors.
- Polity – Political parties and political system in India – Public awareness and General administration – Welfare oriented Government schemes and their utility, Problems in Public Delivery Systems.
- Geography – Geographical landmarks.
- Economics – Current socio-economic issues.
- Science – Latest inventions in Science and Technology.
Unit- III: Geography Of India
- Location – Physical features – Monsoon, rainfall, weather, and climate – Water resources – Rivers in India – Soil, minerals, and natural resources – Forest and wildlife – Agricultural pattern.
- Transport – Communication.
- Social geography – Population density and distribution – Racial, linguistic groups, and major tribes.
- Natural calamity – Disaster Management – Environmental pollution: Reasons and preventive measures – Climate change – Green energy.
Unit- IV: History And Culture Of India
- Indus valley civilization – Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals, and Marathas – Age of Vijayanagaram and Bahmani Kingdoms – South Indian History.
- Change and Continuity in the Socio-Cultural History of India.
- Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity – Race, language, Custom.
- India as a Secular State, Social Harmony.
Unit-V: Indian Polity
- Constitution of India – Preamble to the Constitution – Salient features of the Constitution – Union, State, and Union Territory.
- Citizenship, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union Executive, Union legislature – State Executive, State Legislature – Local governments, Panchayat
- Spirit of Federalism: center-state Relationship.
- Election – Judiciary in India – Rule of law.
- Corruption in public life – Anti-corruption measures – Lokpal and Lokayukta – Right to Information – Empowerment of women – Consumer protection forums, Human rights charter.
Unit-VI: Indian Economy
- Nature of Indian economy – Five-year plan models – an assessment – Planning Commission and Niti Ayog.
- Sources of revenue – Reserve Bank of India – Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy – Finance Commission – Resource sharing between Union and State Governments – Goods and Services Tax.
- Structure of Indian Economy and Employment Generation, Land reforms and Agriculture – Application of Science and Technology in agriculture – Industrial growth – Rural welfare oriented programs – Social problems – Population, education, health, employment, Poverty.
Unit-VII: Indian National Movement
- National renaissance – Early uprising against British rule – Indian National Congress – Emergence of leaders – B.R.Ambedkar, Bhagat Singh, Bharathiar, V.O.Chidambaranar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Kamarajar, Mahatma Gandhi, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Thanthai Periyar, Rajaji, Subash Chandra Bose, and others.
- Different modes of Agitation: Growth of Satyagraha and Militant movements.
- Communalism and partition.
Unit- VIII: History, Culture, Heritage and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu
- History of Tamil Society, related Archaeological discoveries, Tamil Literature from Sangam age till contemporary times.
- Thirukkural : (a) Significance as Secular literature
(b) Relevance to Everyday Life
(c) Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity
(d) Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality, Humanism, etc
(e) Relevance to Socio – Politico-Economic affairs
(f) Philosophical content in Thirukkural
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle – Early agitations against British Rule – Role of women in freedom
- Evolution of 19th and 20th Century Socio-Political movements in Tamil Nadu – Justice Party, Growth of Rationalism – Self Respect Movement, Dravidian movement and Principles underlying both these movements, Contributions of Thanthai Periyar and Perarignar
Unit-IX: Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- Human Development Indicators in Tamil Nadu and a comparative assessment across the Country – Impact of Social Reform movements in the Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
- Political parties and Welfare schemes for various sections of people – Rationale behind Reservation Policy and access to Social Resources – Economic trends in Tamil Nadu – Role and impact of social welfare schemes in the Socio-economic development of Tamil Nadu.
- Social Justice and Social Harmony as the Cornerstones of Socio-Economic Development.
- Education and Health systems in Tamil Nadu.
- Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on Economic growth.
- Achievements of Tamil Nadu in various fields.
- e-governance in Tamil Nadu.
Unit-X: Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Simplification – Percentage – Highest Common Factor (HCF) – Lowest Common Multiple (LCM).
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simple interest – Compound interest – Area – Volume – Time and Work.
- Logical Reasoning – Puzzles – Dice – Visual Reasoning – Alphanumeric Reasoning – Number Series.
For the TNPSC Group 2 Main Examination Syllabus PDF, Check the link – Group 2 Main Syllabus.
Primary Study Materials for Group 2 Prelims Exam:
State Board books are considered as a primary source for all TNPSC Exams preparation. Study Samacheer Kalvi / State Board (11th, 12th Std) school textbooks compulsory for TNPSC Group 2 Prelims and Group 2A Exams. You can also download Samacheer Kalvi Books in PDF, check the link – Samacheer Books PDF.
i)Social Science Books – 6th to 10th Std
ii)Science Books – 6th to 10th Std, (Additional 11th,12th Botany and Zoology if you have time)
iii)Polity – 11th,12th Political Science
iv)Economy – 11th,12th Economics Books
v)Geography -11th,12th Geography Books
vi)Indian Culture – 12th Indian Culture Book
Practice Old Group 2 Question Papers:
- Practice more and more TNPSC previous year question papers, it will help you to manage timings for the Preliminary Exam.
- At first, start practicing Degree standard question papers such as TNPSC Group 2 question papers and TNPSC Group 2 Model question papers available in PDF for free download.
- For complete TNSPC Group, 2 study material PDF Free click the link here to download – TNPSC Group 2 Study Materials.
TNSPC Group 2 Syllabus 2019 PDF, TNSPC Group 2 Syllabus in Tamil Medium PDF. TNSPC Group 2 Syllabus and Study Material, gr 2 syllabus, syllabus for group 2, syllabus group 2, TN Group 2 syllabus.