SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2020-21:
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has given an employment notification for the recruitment of Stenographer Exam 2020-21. SSC has announced new job vacancies for Stenographer Grade C & D on regular basis. Candidates with 12th pass can check the job vacancies at https://ssc.nic.in/ or you can see below. Check below for SSC Stenographer Gr C and D Recruitment 2020:
Candidates with 12th pass looking for government jobs can check the Vacancies below. Interested candidates go through the SSC website and apply them till 04-11-2020. Also see SSC Notification 2020, Job Location, Salary, Important Dates, Selection Procedure, Age Limit, Application Fee, and How to apply for SSC Recruitment below:
List of SSC Jobs 2020 Details:
Below is the SSC Recruitment Details for various posts.
- Post Name: Stenographer Grade C & D
- No. of Vacancies: Not mentioned
Job Location: All India.
Important Dates of SSC Stenographer Gr C and D Recruitment 2020:
- Date of Notification: 10-10-2020
- Starting date for Submission of Application: 10-10-2020
- Last date for Submission of Application: 04-11-2020
- Last date and time for making online fee payment: 06-11-2020
- The last date and time for generation of offline Challan: 08-11-2020
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 10-11-2020
- Dates of the Computer Based Examination: 29-03-2021 to 31-03-2021
- Candidates must have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
Age Limit(as on 01-08-2019):
- Stenographer Grade ‘C’: 18 to 30 years as of 01.08.2020 i.e. candidates born not before 02-08-1990 and not later than 01-08-2002 are eligible to apply.
- Stenographer Grade ‘D’: 18 to 27 years as of 01.08.2020 i.e. candidates born not before 02-08-1993 and not later than 01-08-2002 are eligible to apply
- Selection based on Computer Based Examination and Document Verification (DV).
Exam Pattern of SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2020:
The details of the Computer Based Examination are mentioned below:
- The question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Syllabus for Computer Based Mode Examination:
(a) General Intelligence & Reasoning:
It would include questions of both verbal and nonverbal types. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities, and differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation, and other analytical functions.
(b) General Awareness:
Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research, etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
(c) For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability, there will be no component of Maps/ Graphs/ Diagrams/ Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning/ General Awareness Paper.
(d) English Language & Comprehension:
In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, and its correct usage, etc. his/ her writing ability, would also be tested.
(e) Skill Test in Stenography:
The candidates who are shortlisted in the Computer Based Examination will be required to appear in the Skill Test for Stenography. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the online Application Form) at the speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m) for the post of
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on the computer. The transcription time is as follows:
Mode of Selection:
Minimum qualifying marks in Computer Based Examination, are as follows:
i. UR: 30%
ii. OBC/ EWS: 25%
iii. All other categories (SC, ST, PwD, ESM, etc): 20%
Important Links SSC Recruitment 2020-21:
For SSC Stenographer Gr C and D Notification, check the link – SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2020.