0 of 35 questions completed
The Computer plays an important role in every sector nowadays. It is the most scoring section in banking exams like IBPS clerk, IBPS PO, SBI Clerk, etc. The basic fundamentals are very important for a candidate who aspires to pursue his/her career in the banking sector.
Even the technological advancement is at its peak with every increasing hour. The important computer terms will help the candidates with the real world problems related to computer.
IBPS and SBI are about to conduct written exams for the recruitment of different posts. There are two stages in a written examination which is prelims and mains. Mains consist of computer knowledge section where the basics and important terms are likely to be put to test.
The list of important computer terms is as follows:
- Virus: It is a piece of code which disrupts the system by making it corrupted. The Virus can even replicate itself while getting transferred from one system to another via emails. The worst scenario is when virus deletes everything from the hard disk. The main purpose of a virus is making the whole system inactive.
- Antivirus software: It is a series of coded programs which prevents the computer from the harmful virus like malware, trojan and much more. There are many antivirus software like Norton, Kaspersky, Avast, Quick heal, etc which needs to be updated in the system at regular intervals for its smooth operation.
- Malware: It is malicious software which corrupts computer and mobile operations that provide unauthorized access on private system and even displays harmful contents. The information on a specific system gets copied without the user’s notice and disrupts the normal operation. Usage of malware specific tools or antivirus helps to prevent malware. Mainly malware gets spread from a system to another through unwanted emails which are not from a specified sender.
- Computer worm: This is a program of standalone malware where it gets spread through computer networks. The security failure of a system is the reason of such harmful computer worm. The important documents or files get deleted whenever a system is affected by the computer worm.
- Trojan horse: It is a malicious program which affects the system of the users from its true intent. It introduces the virus to a system. They do not replicate themselves but are very destructive.
- Authorization: It is the function of specifying access rights related to informational security or computer security but can only be controlled by a specified user. Authorization is an important aspect of computer and helps to maintain security as well as privacy.
- Authentication: When the credentials are compared to those of the database of the original file it is termed as authentication. The true value of a data is checked over again to confirm. It helps the system to give authentic access to users.
- Hacker: The person who has complete depth of knowledge about the computer with which they can access others system and gain all the valuable information or damage at times. The technical problems which get locked or are difficult to access can be solved by hackers. This person uses his/her highly skilled computer knowledge to accomplish their task.
- Phishing: The practice of sending fake emails or trying to get that personal information like name, password or money at times is known as phishing. The personal information gets revealed in an electronic communication by the person in disguise of an authorized user.
- Spoofing attack: When a person or program impersonates the identity of another by falsifying important data thereby gaining an unfair and illegitimate advantage. There is various spoofing attack that the fraudulent party can use for their own purpose.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 35 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Question 1 of 35
Integrated Circuits (ICs) are related to which generation of computers?Correct
- Question 2 of 35
CD-ROM is aCorrect
- Question 3 of 35
A hybrid computerCorrect
- Question 4 of 35
Which type of computers uses the 8-bit code called EBCDIC?Correct
- Question 5 of 35
The ALU of a computer responds to the commands coming fromCorrect
- Question 6 of 35
Chief component of first generation computer wasCorrect
- Question 7 of 35
What are the stages in the compilation process?Correct
- Question 8 of 35
The main electronic component used in first generation computers wasCorrect
- Question 9 of 35
One millisecond isCorrect
- Question 10 of 35
The output quality of a printer is measured byCorrect
- Question 11 of 35
Which of the following was a special purpose computer?Correct
- Question 12 of 35
Which of the following storage devices can store maximum amount of data?Correct
- Question 13 of 35
Magnetic disks are the most popular medium forCorrect
- Question 14 of 35
A technique used by codes to convert an analog signal into a digital bit stream is known asCorrect
- Question 15 of 35
A modern electronic computer is a machine that is meant forCorrect
- Question 16 of 35
When was vacuum tube invented?Correct
- Question 17 of 35
Which of the following produces the best quality graphics reproduction?Correct
- Question 18 of 35
Computers with 80286 microprocessor isCorrect
- Question 19 of 35
The digital computer was developed primarily inCorrect
- Question 20 of 35
Software in computerCorrect
- Question 21 of 35
A Program that attempts to remove spam before it reaches a user’s inbox is known asCorrect
- Question 22 of 35
Program that protects a computer against viruses by identifying and removing any computer viruses found in memory, on storage media, or on incoming files is known asCorrect
- Question 23 of 35
Web site that uses encryption techniques to secure its data is known asCorrect
- Question 24 of 35
Program that automatically analyzes all network traffic, assesses system vulnerabilities is known asCorrect
- Question 25 of 35
A type of resource leak that occurs when a computer program incorrectly manages memory allocations is known asCorrect
- Question 26 of 35
A cookie that was not created by the website that attempts to access it is known asCorrect
- Question 27 of 35
______ is a communication technology used by some incoming mail servers.Correct
- Question 28 of 35
In POP protocol, O stands forCorrect
- Question 29 of 35
__________ is the code of acceptable behaviours users should follow while on the Internet.Correct
- Question 30 of 35
A map of a database is called aCorrect
- Question 31 of 35
Elimination of data redundancy does not solveCorrect
- Question 32 of 35
Some viruses are hidden in _____, which are instructions saved in an application such as a word processing or spreadsheet program.Correct
- Question 33 of 35
_______ occurs when a file is broken up into pieces to fit on the diskCorrect
- Question 34 of 35
Which of the following refers to the creation of a virtual machine that acts like a real computer with an operating system?Correct
- Question 35 of 35
______ are used to record customer activity in e-commerce.Correct